WORKSHOP | BUTTERCREAM ROSES & LEAVES | 17 NOVEMBER 2018
Come and learn how to create silky smooth Swiss Meringue Buttercream (SMBC) and beautiful and very impressive buttercream flowers. Meet interesting people and have fun in a creative and inspiring space, while sipping on MCC. What could be better?
Date: Saturday 17 November 2018
Time: 1:30 – 5:30 pm
Venue: Cascades 201, Vesperdene road 8, Greenpoint, Cape Town.
Skill level: Beginner to intermediate (classes are small enough for each person to receive attention needed)
Class size: 6 persons
In the workshop we will cover the following:
- The basics about buttercream
- Icing equipment & tools
- Cake design & time planning
- Storing buttercream flowers
- How to put buttercream flowers on a cake
- Colour choices and combinations
- How to make buttercream roses
- How to achieve colour variations in your roses
- How to make buttercream leaves
Getting down to (buttercream) business:
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream (SMBC) demonstration(we will show you how to make your own at home but will supply frosting to use on the day)
- Colouring buttercream with gel colours
- Making buttercream roses – big, small, buds and fully blown variations
- How to have colour variations in your roses
- Making buttercream leaves – big and small variations
What will be provided?
- All the equipment, tools, colouring and Swiss Merengue Buttercream needed to create buttercream roses and leaves.
- MCC, tea in pretty cups and lovely snacks will be provided (because everything is more fun with a little champagne!)
You will take home:
- A Swiss Merengue Buttercream Recipe Card
- Your beautiful frozen buttercream roses and leaves to use on your next cake
- The right piping tips are quite hard to find and confusing to buy, so I have will everything necessary to make these buttercream roses and leaves at home available for sale.
What to wear?
Wear comfy clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting full of frosting.
What to bring?
An apron and tupperware to take your buttercream roses and leaves home and keep them frozen for your next cake.
Ticket sales are final and non-refundable. If you are unable to attend you are welcome to gift the ticket to a friend. We reserve the right to cancel the workshop at any time in which case we will issue refunds.
*PLEASE NOTE: Once payment has been made you will receive an email from us confirming your ticket/s. Attendees do not receive a physical ticket.