Mothersday Flower Workshop with Liv | 11 May 2019
Come and learn how to create beautiful florals at home. Meet interesting people and have fun in a creative and inspiring space, while sipping on MCC. What could be better?
Date: 11 MAY 2019
Time: 1:30 – 5:30 pm
Venue: Cascades 201, Vesperdene road 8, Greenpoint, Cape Town.
Skill level: Beginner to intermediate (classes are small enough for each person to receive attention needed)
Class size: 6 persons
In the workshop we will cover the following:
Learn by demonstration
- Choosing your flowers – the tricks of combining shapes.
- Considering colour combinations.
- How to arrange in a vase - how to arrange a grocery shop bunch so that it looks like a florist did the arranging
- Combining Woolies options so that your bunch looks like it came from a floral boutique.
- How to arrange in a wide and deep vase without using oasis.
- How to create a large and dramatic floral installation from a bunch of Woolies lilies and leaves foraged from the garden of your apartment block.
Getting down to (floral) business – now you do it:
- How to cut your stems.
- How much leaves to remove.
- How long your stems should be.
- Create an interesting and beautiful floral design – I will do an example and go through my design choices and technique and then you can do your own interpretation and I will be close by to help!
What will be provided?
- A wonderful and interesting variety of flowers
- MCC, tea in pretty cups and lovely snacks will be provided (because everything is more fun with a little champagne!)
You will take home:
- Your vase with your beautiful floral masterpiece (flowers to the value of R300+ )
What to bring?
- Your favourite vase, something of about 25 – 30cm high and 15cm wide. You are welcome to Whatsapp me pics (0722008698) of the vase you have in mind to make sure it is suitable.
- A pair of secateurs / strong & sharp kitchen scissors.
- If you do not have a suitable vase or are feeling like a new one, I would recommend our Medium Adagio Footed Vase, which is my favourite go-to vase I will be demonstrating in. We are offering a special 15% off promotion on all our vases for workshop attendees. Just apply discount code FLORAL15 at checkout and we will have your vase ready and waiting for you at the workshop.
Ticket sales are final and non-refundable. If you are unable to attend you are welcome to gift the ticket to a friend. We reserve the right to cancel the workshop at any time in which case we will issue refunds.
*PLEASE NOTE: Once payment has been made you will receive an email from us confirming your ticket/s. Attendees do not receive a physical ticket
Reviews from our previous flower workshop attendees: